Sunday, February 10, 2013

sins and games

The following  class, when the 7 sins project was due, I was eager to see everyone's own personal depictions. I had stuck with the idea of them as demons or primal evil beings who embodied the sin itself. The amount of variety was quite interesting. There were people such as myself who went with the drawn approach and sketched or drew their own personal depictions, other people with less talent, or perhaps less patience found and printed images that they thought depicted the sin as well. It was interesting to see who did what and perhaps what personal style or influence they have that may transition into their future design projects. The interesting part was when the professor left us to award individual pieces from sets, dictated by criteria we had spent a large amount of time discussing. The awards ranged from the idea itself or the most creative. I couldn't help but notice how some people simply refused to award and those that awarded far more then they needed. to. As curious as this was its a design class not a psychiatric class, but the designs and creations from my peer ranged from cool design work to lazy print outs. The next assignment from the following class, much like this previous one is also intriguing. To bring games and play them with the class, I find myself interested in how this project activity will further our design work as a whole or teach us some lesson we may not know.

No comments:

Post a Comment