Friday, February 15, 2013

Hard games

This past concept development class, a majority of us came prepared with our 9 ideas for games. However upon review by the professor it became clear that we had not tried our best. I know I personally had not done all I could, which I should have done. This another issue I found educational, to some degree. I mean should we be working on something for clientele, this kind of attitude would not be acceptable. Of course this was also for class, not payment or work, so therefore not much work or thought may have been put into it fully. Although I don't think this is a good excuse either, let alone any excuse. Another interesting point was that although many of us till had 9 games we had very few good ideas at this point, personally I realized my ideas were all far too similar. So really this class taught me about being thorough, working according to guidelines and general workmanship issues. The only idea I had that people express interested in seemed to dark and similar to other board games so I now have time to create an actually interesting and innovative game

No comments:

Post a Comment