Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Game Day 2

Today the rest of the concept class finished presenting our game concept boards, I was among them. I volunteered first due to anxiousness as well as the critique, which I was looking forward too. I tried to cover everything but as usual many things are lost in translation but the critique, as well as questions, proved very useful. The information that the class and Jimmy gave back to me was very valuable. I saw that my board was not balanced and I needed a better sense of visual hierarchy. The attention to detail must also be followed and never ignored, because those small details make a huge difference. I can see why some people find critiques hurtful or unsatisfying but honestly these kind of critiques do nothing but improve your skills. They tell you what you need to fix and what should be changed. The information they reveal to you tells you how to become a better presenter and how to present with a stronger and more powerful presence. The other people after me had similar issues. Although there were still new lessons to be learned, presenting with a mumbled or monotone voice is unsatisfactory, as it should be. The next class we're going to refine our presentations and boards even further and make sure they are even closer to a perfected concept, ready to be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment