Saturday, January 19, 2013
Week 2, coconut killers
The Wednesday of the second week rolls around now, bringing another interesting bout of concept development class. Due to a previous assignment by the professor we all brought several images of single items or simple looking images from magazines. Then with a coconut and paintbrush image plastered to the wall we had to create slogans or text for it, that would alter the image and mood. While I know I'm just repeating what I did a bit of an explanation is needed for any of the forthcoming text to make sense. With ideas, or lack of ideas, in head we started shouting off text that we feel could alter the meaning of the coconut. Several allusions to Hawaii an travel were made, of course, I found my own creativity lacking because I could scarcely think of 1 good one. The one thought about coconuts that kept running through my head was the one funny statistic about them: That falling coconuts kill more people per year on average then sharks. Some silly fact I learned during my usual bouts of shark week, but that's the idea I was trying to formulate into short interesting words. The idea never fully came to me but I'm determined to use it somehow. My peers however came up with several very good slogans, for both the paintbrush image and coconut. The follow up assignment so far has proven to be both fun but challenging. To make 10 good slogans for 1 of our images, with his own advice to make 100 just to be sure we have a good number to choose from. This assignment is a bit hard I won't lie but at the same time I like the need to think harder or sometimes less about the ideas I need to formulate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment