Friday, January 25, 2013

Images and their meanings

This week we only had one class of concept development, due to the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday on Monday. This class was quite entertaining however. In context we needed 10 mood/image changing slogans for a single simple image. The results were quite interesting and how the images were twisted were also intriguing. In my personal opinion I enjoyed this project because it really forced me to think, and even then I know my best 10 were not the best they could have been. I could see the same issues reflected in other peoples work, it was actually more difficult for people depending on the actual images they had. Those people with pictures of people often had the easier time spinning the message or the mood, since they could make indirect references to people or go in the exact opposite direction of the base image. Some people with more complicated pictures also had a harder time because with more elements in the image it was harder to make the image mean more then a couple of things let alone 10. There were of course more then a couple of people that succeeded in this project although I have to admit that no one, in my opinion, had a perfect 10, although a lot of us had several good ones. With this next assigned project, an almost opposite of the previous assignment, we have to match a word or phrase to 10 different images. I think this will be more successful in general as the range of images to match or add to a word or phrase is much easier to find, especially since we can use images from the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment